New Tools and Whitepapers for Lync Server 2010
As with any product, Lync Server is continually evolving and tools to help design, size, and test are constantly being released. Microsoft has recently released the following for Lync Server 2010:
- Planning for Metropolitan Site Resiliency
- Deploying in a multiple forest environment
- Online documentation for the Lync Server 2010 Stress and Performance Tool
- Lync Server 2010 Capacity Calculator
- Lync Server 2010 Stress and Performance Tool
Additionally, a new Lync Server virtualization whitepaper was released a few weeks ago updating Microsoft's support for virtualization throughout the product. It should be noted that the Capacity Calculator shows both physical and virtual requirements helping to bridge the gap between a SWAG and an educated guess.